Tuesday, September 17, 2024

New Mexico

I drove almost all the way across New Mexico yesterday with stops in Albuquerque and Cuba. The video is linked below was going to be linked below, but early this morning I found out that it didn't upload, so I'll post it tonight. It's missing some stretches of nothingness between Lubbock and I-40, which is a shame, because the colors of the earth, grass, and sky on that little stretch between the Billy the Kid Museum and I-40 made me want to paint. The second half of the video, between Albuquerque and Farmington, is gorgeous. I have just strung all the video together and haven't really edited out any of the boring bits, so you can scroll through it at your leisure. I promise that tomorrow's southern Utah video will be a little more curated (and timely).

Note the thunderstorm toward the end. It's raining in the desert.


In Albuquerque, I spent about an hour stretching my legs and checking out the National Museum of Nuclear Science and History. There was less science and more history than I had hoped for, and the volume on the Geiger counters was set too high and was pretty grating, but it was still worth the stop.


























In Cuba, I stopped for dinner at a little local business called Mel's Chicken and BBQ. If you are ever in Cuba, NM, don't opt for McDonalds. The elote en vaso and anything on one of their super-soft rolls is the way to go. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog