Monday, September 16, 2024

Time Warp

After a few failed attempts to achieve the kind of footage I wanted, I finally got it right. I stopped in Brownwood, Texas, to get a second SD card and then was able to film the entire trip to Lubbock in the "time warp" setting that I had envisioned. The best part of this drive is how stunning and lonesome the wind farms are. Unfortunately, that wasn't the kind of mood enhancement I needed yesterday. 

To make things worse, Texans living in wide open spaces enjoy publicly broadcasting their political and social opinions with all kinds of signage, both commercial and handmade. It's intense and ugly, y'all.  The enthusiasm was reminiscent of our drive to Fort Davis in November 2016. For all you city folk friends, please don't trust the polls. This November can go either way.


Here's the entire trip:


Here is the part from Brownwood that I was able to capture in a way that I liked:


I will cross over into New Mexico this morning, so maybe the drive will be more interesting soon and I'll start to feel better. Let's go see Albuquerque, shall we?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog