Thursday, July 4, 2024

"Moody weather"

That's what the clerk at the ramen bowl counter called it, capturing it precisely. I had walked in dripping wet. 

The ramen bowl was excellent. It hit the spot after my bike ride in the rain. More on that soon.


This weather is moody. It maxed out at 52 °F (11 °C) today, and it couldn't decide whether to be gloriously sunny or pouring rain. I guess you just have to roll with it.

The sun shone through the skylights this afternoon for the first time all week. I commented on how warm it made the room feel, and one of the students from Scotland joked, "Well, here's summer. It'll be over in 20 minutes."


My lecture this morning went very well, and it's all downhill from here as far as the course is concerned! We'll have a half day tomorrow, a recap instructor's meeting for lunch, and then I'll be free to play until it's time to go home.

Rather than give in to napping this afternoon, I immediately went out and rented an electric bicycle. Glasgow has these Nextbike stations everywhere. You download an app, scan the QR code on the bike you want to rent, and it unlocks for you. I was too scared to ride in the street since this is the first place I have been where people drive on the left, so I coasted along the sidewalks until I got more comfortable. I made it from my hotel near George Square all the way over to Kelvingrove Park and the University of Glasgow. 

Lord Kelvin




When I reached the River Kelvin, it started raining, and it rained for most of the rest of my ride. After a bowl of noodles and a hot shower, though, it feels like everything is right in the world.







Finally, enjoy some sweet pictures of Billy and Pippin!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog